About this Course
Class Replay: Exploring College Majors and Careers
Audience: Our classes are geared towards parents and guardians of high school students. However, we welcome any students, school counselors and independent counselors to join our classes as well.
Here’s what you’ll learn by attending this class:
- Resources to explore and learn about various majors and careers.
- Personal interest inventories to find majors and careers that match your student’s strengths.
- Websites and resources to find job outlook and income information.
- When reviewing major information at a specific college, what to look for and questions to ask.
- Career exploration within a particular major- What can I do with this major?
- Pre-Professional Programs (Pre-Med, Pre-Law, etc.)- What to look for in these types of advising programs?
- What if your student is completely undecided?
- Common timeline of when colleges typically require a student to declare a major.
- Understanding of resources available at colleges and universities once you’re student enrolls at a college.